RE: [OM] Hiking Advice

Subject: RE: [OM] Hiking Advice
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:03:15 -0600
I found a US source for Barbour clothing from Orvis. It sounds like good
stuff but it isn't exactly cheap. The endurance jacket (ventile cotton)is
$645 uninsulated and $695 insulated. From the picture, the pockets do look
large. Perhaps a good thing for wet weather photography. Jeez....something
else I don't have. This thread got off the track of what to take for the
Grand Canyon. Was that my fault?  I suspect the need in the canyon will be
to protect from short-term, but heavy, thunder showers and wind. That and
the need for light weight should govern the decision. /jim