Re: [OM] Yellowstone suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] Yellowstone suggestions
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:40:21 EDT
Jim, Thanks for the suggestions and the link to Yellowstone Park.  We are
actually going to be in Big Sky, Montana at a retreat with our church from
Saturday thru Thursday morning.  We will be staying the entire time at the
Huntley Lodge in Big Sky.  We will probably go to Yellowstone for the sunrise
through early afternoon this Saturday and then again for the better part of
Thursday and Friday following the retreat. I really look forward to it and am
now trying to figure out what kind of kit I going to carry.  I'll have a car,
so I could leave some stuff in the trunk (not the film). A tripod will go
with me, so that kind of makes it a big kit before I make any decisions about
the 400mm & 300mm Zuikos go with me or if I just take the 60-300mm Tamron and
a 1.4X teleconverter.  A reasonable kit might include the 21mm f2, the
35-105mm Zuiko zoom and the 60-300mm Tamron, with a couple of bodies. That
would work, buy do I really want to leave the 17mm & 90mm Tamrons, the
extension tubes and some of the faster fixed focal length primes at home.
Well, I did just buy the BIG Tamrac case, so I could make myself really
uncomfortable carrying a huge kit. Decisions, decisions. BB