[OM] Airport Security

Subject: [OM] Airport Security
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:50:06 -0700
I took 29 rolls of film with me for my asia trip last month... I went from: LA -> Taiwan -> Bangkok -> Chang Mai -> Bankok -> HK -> Taiwan -> LA That's 7 checks! 7 out of 7 gave me a hand check. They always tell you, if it's below 800 or 1600 speed film, it will be ok. I tell them "Yes, but on my last trip, all 30 rolls came back blank, so I don't trust you guys." Then they have nothing to say... and they hand search your bag... The one thing they wouldn't let me slide on, was the camera itself. All the film, I kept in a CLEAR ziplock bag. And they always hand checked it at my request... Most open one or two, and then let you by. The man at Hong Kong's airport, took every roll out of the can, and checked it. Thorough... I didn't mind, it's their job.. But don't believe them when they say they can't hand check it... I insist, and I ask, "When my rolls come out all blank for the wedding I'm going to, do you want to be responsible for it?!?! Because that's what happened with my last rolls of film after your scanners..." I've batted 1000 with that line thus far.. Worth a try... Again, it's worked for me everytime...
Albert