Re: [OM] Hiking Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Hiking Advice
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:16:22 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for all the sage advice, especially about
water.  The last time I was out in that area (southern
Utah) was to a spot called the Wave, which was a mere
6 mile hike up and down slickrock and sandy washes. I
only took 2 liters, which was barely enough and drank
at least a gallon after I came back.  My MF photo pack
weighs about 25 pounds + tripod + 2 liters of water +
a couple of gatorades.  I gave away the gatorades to a
British couple who had made it about half way there
and the lady was in obvious heat related distress.  We
told her to go back and it seems that they did make it
back, at least to their car. After I got back I found
out that it was 105 deg. that day.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/xato/wave.html
Sorry, no OM photos in this bunch.

Warren