Re: [OM] Another Olympus with Multi-spot metering!

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Olympus with Multi-spot metering!
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:43:37 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Mike Veglia wrote:

> In a message dated 8/20/2002 Winsor Crosby  writes:
>
> << Let's see. An experienced and accomplished photographer is unable to
> figure out how to use the light meter and the answer is in the second
> 100 pages of the instruction book! Now that is what I call user
> friendly. I can certainly see that eventually electronics will
> replace film,  but it is the rest of the monstrosity, er camera, that
> needs a redo.  I still like the idea of a CCD back , settable to
> specific film speeds, that will pop on to the OM4Ti. >>
>
> I'm guessing that said instruction book is in at least 3 different
> languages. I have no idea how user friendly the C-3030/3040 is, but the
> C-5050 looks like a potentially very nice digital camera. What I am really
> anxious to see is the new SLR system that Olympus is supposed to debut next
> month. Much as I would love a digital back for my OMs, I have accepted the
> reality it won't happen, moved on, and am learning digital photography "the
> Olympus way" with an E-10 for now. When I first bought the E-10 I tried to
> absorb as much of the manual as I could. In reality, it is a pretty simple
> camera that is capable of some really impressive results. I recall both the
> OM-2S and OM-4T requiring *two manuals* (each nearly as think as an E-10
> manual), one for basic controls, the other for creative photography. I also
> recall being somewhat technically overwhelmed by the OM-2S back in 1986 when
> all I was personally used to at the time was an OM-1.
>
> I would imagine that multi-spot metering would not be in the "beginner's"
> section of the C-3040 manual ;-)

Can't speak for the C3040, but I think I can firmly say that the 3030
doesn't do multi-spot metering...sadly :)

Anyways, if I am not mistaken, the 2sp and 4 come with one manual which
explains the technical functioning of the camera, while the other is
entitled "creative photography", describing various applications of the
technicalities from the first volume?

Please correct me if I am wrong - I do not have a copy of either manuals
at hand.

--thomas