Re: [OM] Help! How do I shoot a wedding?

Subject: Re: [OM] Help! How do I shoot a wedding?
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:36:00 -0300
I agree that consensus is usually in favor of the NC. I've used both, and
always go for the VC if I can get it. It makes a better all-round film, and
is excellent for skin tones too. Colors are still natural, and some colors
are rendered more accurate with VC in my experience. I think I shared here
before, but light mauve bridesmaids dresses were perfectly accurate with VC,
and were rendered light blue with the NC. I'm really glad I used mostly VC
on that occasion. I've seen comparison shots published by the manufacturer
in the "Kodak Professional Image News" that I pick up at the local Kodak
Image center, and they are almost indistinguisable, especially in skin
tones. The VC is certainly nothing like the problems you experience with
some of the Fuji film in rendering skin tones - velvia for example. I
suspect NC works perfectly with colors 990f the time, but I like the other
better. My opinion only.
Wayne