Re: [OM] Flying in the US (film and security)

Subject: Re: [OM] Flying in the US (film and security)
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:05:57 -0700
Thank you all for the replies thus far. FWIW, I had never had a problem at
San Jose airport asking for hand check on film--ever. But, I have not flown
yet post-911.

My present plan sounds good then. I'll have B&H drop ship film to a club
member who is local (and soon due to their being closed much of September
for religious holidays). Have what I can get processed done while I am there
(if possible), and have the club member pick up the rest of the slides (or
send undeveloped film) and FedEx them to me. Buying Provia F locally is not
an option at the prevailing price of ~$10.00 per roll (as opposed to less
than half that from B&H), nor is staying over extra days waiting for
processing.

These are US domestic flights, for what it is worth.

We'll be staying in Winchester, VA. any list members local to that area know
of a good E-6 lab? Better yet (and less likely) anyone local there have any
shooting experience at Summit Point Raceway????

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com