Re: [OM] OM4-Ti or Minolta Maxxum 5?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4-Ti or Minolta Maxxum 5?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:33:40 +0100
Cc: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I know nothing about the Minolta, except that it is autofocus.  I do
know that an OM4Ti is a lovely camera, as delightful to hold as an
OM1, but with more capability.  I used to love my OM4 until I
discovered a secondhand 4Ti.  Even the shutter sound is delightful.

More to the point, Albert, I find it hard to believe that any
metering system matches the multi-point system of the OM4/Ti.  All
you have to do is press the Spot button; there is no mode to select
or check, no preferences to adjust, no movement of the eye to focus,
no checking of LCDs on the top plate (or back plate)... just press
Spot until you have stored all your readings.  If you got it wrong,
clear and start again.

Chris