Re: [OM] lens hood for 35-Shift (was To BIN or not to BIN)

Subject: Re: [OM] lens hood for 35-Shift (was To BIN or not to BIN)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:02:18 -0700
on 8/18/02 2:54 PM, Eric at ericboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> also is there a special lens hood for this to use when shifting the lens of
> will an ordinary 35mm hood do?
> If the lens covers approx  28mm as it says in the manual.
> thanks
>
> Eric
>
> ericboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just bought a bunch of Olympus 'stuff' and among the items (one reason I
bid on it...) was the inclusion of a cap for "the 35-Shift or the 21/3.5
lens". I will use it with the 21/3.5, but I assume that due to the shifting
about the hood must be of a wider angle than the standard 35mm or even 28mm
would be. I suppose you could mount a 28mm or 24mm hood and stop down the
lens and look for vignetting, but apparently Olympus deemed the same hood
suitable as for the 21mm lens.

On a side note, the 24-Shift has a built-in 'petal-type' hood and no
provision for mounting anything else (no filter threads... built-in
filters). IIRC, the 24-Shift is supposed to be roughly equivalent to the
18mm in 'wideableness'.
--

Jim Brokaw