[OM] Olympus Europe (slightly OT)

Subject: [OM] Olympus Europe (slightly OT)
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:57:49 +0100
Hi folks,

I posted this on a digital camera forum today:

=====
I have trying to clarify the maximum voltage (if any) that can be
applied to the flash synchro contact on my E-10 (Vivitar 283 - trigger
voltage about 260).

This was the surprising (and disappointing) response from Olympus
Europa:

"We are sorry to say that we have not tested flashes from other
manufactures with our camera E-10. For this reason we unfortunately
cannot help you any further. Please ask the manufacturer of your flash
if it is compatible to the camera."

Doesn't give you much confidence, does it? Are they just covering
their tracks in case the camera *is* damaged?
======

Considering that they aim the E-10/E-20 at a professional market, this
seems pretty unprofessional to me. Is this the general experience of
Olympus so-called service?

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)

2xOM1, 2xOM2n, OM2S, Bronica ETRSi, E-10 and a Box Brownie!