RE: [OM] Macro flash survey

Subject: RE: [OM] Macro flash survey
From: Wim Verheyen <wimwim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:08:23 +0200
Marten Beels wrote :

> So I got a second T-20 cheap (thanks to Tom Scales), a generic flash
> extension cord, and a Duo-Sync cord off of *bay.

Since I picked up a T20 cheap last weekend,
I have been thinking along the same lines.

My questions :

1.
What is a generic flash extension cord ?
Do you mean one of the TTL Auto Cords T ?
I have a TTL Auto Cord T 0.6m which I use with my OM-4 and T-32.

2.
What is a Duo-Sync ?

3.
Is anyone interested in a T18 ?
It's working fine, but the slide of the battery cover is broken. The battery
cover itself is ok, but you need some tape or something else to keep it tight.

4.
Anyone willing to sell a T20 ?

A tip if you don't want to spend money on a Power Bounce Grip 2,
but you want off-camera flash capabilities with a T32.
I just got a Manfrotto 233B Camera flash Bracket.
Mechanically, I find it's at least as flexible as the PBG2.
Electrically, it doesn't have extra battery space, nor a TTL socket,
so it's okay with a T32, but not with a T20 (which has no TTL socket).
Pricewise, you can have it new for less than a second hand PBG2.