RE: [OM] Macro flash survey

Subject: RE: [OM] Macro flash survey
From: "Buddy Walters" <BWalters@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:09:50 -0700
-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Robert Gries
Buddy:
Thanks for the comments!  Do you think that the T-10 is working well
with close subjects because the flash would almost be surrounding the
subject?
-------------------

<SNIP>
Hi Bob,
Yep, I think that is as good of an answer as any.  All I know is I like
the light better from the T10 on high mag shots.  The light sorta just
fills in the detail of insects and such.  The cross polarizer works
pretty good on the reflective backs of beetles also.  Power has never
been a problem since your working distance in usually less than a couple
of inches and I even use Velvia for my insect shots.
If you want to have some fun - stick the T10 down inside a large flower
with an 80mm or 38mm and fire away.  I've gotten some interesting
abstract shots that way.

----------------------
Also, if one were to go with the lepp bracket, would it be easier to get
2 T-32's and an Auto connector?

<Snip>
I will echo what Walt said about the T32's being too heavy.  Possibly a
couple of T20's would be ok.  I should add that the Link on Walts
message shows the Lepps bracket with a small ball head on each arm.  B&H
at one time listed the bracket without the ball heads for about $75.00.
Mine doesn't have the ball heads, just flash shoes and it works fine.

Having said all that; I like the T28 much better with the 135mm.  With
17 inches of working distance you can use the extra power and you can
still use the hood on the lens.

So now you have my excuse for having both.

Good luck,
Buddy Walters