[OM] magnification factors

Subject: [OM] magnification factors
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 05:23:22 -0700
"Ah! I think I got it. If one is shooting 1/2 life size, then for a light
source that produces f/16 on the subject, I would need f/24?"

No. As you stated it -- "a light source that produces f/16 on the object" --
you would need a third-stop wider than f/11.

If you were using an automatic electronic flash, you would have to either
change the auto aperture to f/24, or leave it at a f/16 and open the lens a
bit wider than f/11.