Re: [OM] Zuiko telephoto fro astrophotography

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko telephoto fro astrophotography
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:17:06 -0400
John H. wrote:
>The horns, I think, prevent rear element damage when the lens is set down
on
it's back.  That is their only reason for being there. Removing the horns
may "make" the lens fit (like the old Midas commercial :-)).  Some may want
to experiment with this.<

That was my idea last summer, and I actually posted my intentions to dehorn
the thing here.  But so many list subscribers were horrified that I would
even think of defacing a Zuiko, and said as much, all but threatening the
black helicopters, that I was shamed into abandoning the project.  Now I'm
not going to commit either way, but the Dremel is around here somewhere.

Walt