AW: [OM] OT astrophotography - was Zuiko telephoto fro astrophotography

Subject: AW: [OM] OT astrophotography - was Zuiko telephoto fro astrophotography
From: jochen.schiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jochen Schiffler)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:01:55 +0200
"...

you can make several minutes exposures with almost no guiding!

Carlos Santisteban"

Clarlos,

I'm quite new to astrophotography but how did you do that and what do you
mean by 'almost'? With 200mm I guess I would capture trails in less than a
minute or so depending on the declination of the object. Maybe with a
perfectly aligned mount and RA drive (I don't have one) I might 'almost' not
have to adjust DEC or RA axis for several minutes. Or is there a well kept
secret how to slow down earth?

Just my thoughts. I have done a few unguided shots of orion with a 135mm and
captured trails after less than a minute. Here's an image:
http://www.schiffler.net/stuff/orion1.jpg and one with less than 135mm
http://www.schiffler.net/stuff/orion2.jpg
(my scanner does an awful job on dark slides)

Jochen