Re: [OM] Magical cures for stuck rewind lever?

Subject: Re: [OM] Magical cures for stuck rewind lever?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:32:42 -0400
The levers in the bottom get extra greasy.  They don't snap back fast enough
to lock the wind mechanism after you wind the shutter, so you start to wind
on before you fire the shutter.  "Good" news is the lever assembly that gets
greasy is stamped shut at the factory.  You can drill the stamping out with
a 7/64" drill, disassemble, degrease and  rebuild.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000