Re: [OM] Magical cures for stuck rewind lever?

Subject: Re: [OM] Magical cures for stuck rewind lever?
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:47:51 -0400
Cc: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
In a message dated Fri, 9 Aug 2002 8:29:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, NSURIT
writes:

> I have an OM 2S that won't allow me to advance the film or >release the
> shutter.  The rewind button you depress to rewind your film appears to be
> stuck in the down position, which I'm sure is part of the problem.  Short of
> sending this body to the bone yard or in for a CLA, does anyone have any
> ideas that might allow me to cock the shutter/release the rewind button.  BB

I have an OM-2S doing the same thing. My understanding is that it is
"overwound". Check the archives, I posted this same question a few months ago.
Apparently it's easy to release after removing the bottom cover, but it will
need a CLA or it will keep happening. Mine's going to John H. as soon as funds
are available.

Paul Schings