Re: [OM] more Power Parachute pics

Subject: Re: [OM] more Power Parachute pics
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 07:08:51 +0100
I'm glad you enjoy it Frugal!  It sounds as if they have the coaching
down pat for beginners.  You still won't get me jumping out an
aircraft that is still flying ;-).

At 15:48 -0300 8/8/02, Andrew Dacey wrote:
Hi Chris,

The place I jump uses a 1-way radio for your first few jumps (I think they
get you up to 10-15 jumps before they start you doing solo landings) and
talk you through the flight. Mostly just a little advice while you're up at
higher altitudes and instructing you to change direction if you start really
veering off course. Then they tell you when to turn into the wind and get
ready for landing aproach, and the final landing. Definitely makes the
landing a lot easier.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--