Re: [OM] more Power Parachute pics

Subject: Re: [OM] more Power Parachute pics
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:07:57 +0100
Cc: "Andrew Dacey" <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hmmm Frugal!

I teach youngsters (well university students) to land a little
glider-like aircraft (Grob 115E) and it's bad enough when you can try
to coach them through the final stages of an approach and landing,
but I could not imagine telling them what to do then sending them off
by themselves to do it....

I don't know what your paraglider gizmos are like, but teaching
landing is the most difficult thing I have come across; even teaching
pilots to shoot at a piece of aluminium being towed behind an F86
from the back seat of a little F16D was easier ... and much, much
more fun!

Even more fun was formating on the aluminium target (the "dart"),
which tended to whip around in the F86's slipstream, to check their
scores before the next shooter had a go.

Chris