Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 09:23:35 -0700
> ....Salt spray regularly and every day?....

Salt air isn't as bad as that. My cameras are exposed to it all the
time. I haven't noticed any deterioration. I take common sense
precautions like leaving the camera in the bag until I'm going to use it
and I rarely clean the lenses and don't find they get dirty. I think
frequent cleaning does more harm than good and doesn't have that much
effect on the pictures. Besides if your lens is dirty all of the time
maybe you ought to assess your methods. Nor do I generally use filters
just for protection any more. I do bring the camera in and wipe it off
especially if it has been raining. Don't want to grow a crop.

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West