[OM] 90/2 was: 85/2 subject matter

Subject: [OM] 90/2 was: 85/2 subject matter
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:55:15 -0500
Chris:

In my experience I have found that the 85/2 is an invaluable lens that
can be as "normal" or "tele" as you want it to be.  I also found after
using a 90/2 I didn't like it very much at all.  To me, if one wants
infinity to (approx.) 1/2 life size, the 135/4.5 and AT work perfectly!
Much easier to focus, better working distance, better bokeh...  I know
that the 90/2 could also be brought to 1:1 with some extra extension
tubes, but if you are going to go to the trouble of putting something on
the lens, why not make it a 80/4?

I would also suggest that you get the feel of the 90/2 before you
purchase it.  To me it does not feel like a Zuiko, and isn't very nice
to use.  Again, I am probably in the minority on this one, but I'd say
don't buy the 90/2.

Bob

<snip>

I hope that I like my 90/2 enough to sell the 85/2 (perhaps not, it's
so compact), the 100/2.8 and  the Tamron Macro 90/2.8...

Chris