Re: [OM] Further thoughts on technology

Subject: Re: [OM] Further thoughts on technology
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:07:31 +0100
Hmmmm !   I leave my OM2n on autopilot a lot of the time........Results for
B+W and colour print film fine. I am more than happy to select aperture and
focus.
I am equally happy using my OM1n's..same films...same results.I can see the
use of autofocus for sports etc but todays wonderbricks with auto everything
leave me cold.
Horses for courses! For my style of photography...Landscapes, architecture,
mostly B+W I find the OM 1n and 2n ideal. Much better handling cameras than
any thing Olympus produced later! Wind on much smoother, large speed ring
NOT obstructed by protruding pentaprism. The OM4t metering is good for
slides ? but what real advantage does the 3/3ti give over the 1n? It loses
mirror lockup, and self timer -both of which I use-and it loses
handling/feel . Only gains- faster top speed..how often do you use this..and
multi spot metering if you like led display..I don't. So why do I own a 4ti
and a 3...It's a disease!   P.S. do you really UNDERSTAND all of the modes
available on wonderbricks or do they confuse you as much as they confuse me?
regards John Duggan, Wales, UK.