Re: [OM] Query re OM10

Subject: Re: [OM] Query re OM10
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:36:46 +1000
G'day Tom,

My daughter came home to Sydney two weeks ago for a fortnight's holiday.
She was given an OM-10 by a colleague in her office (SF). It had a
sticky aperture in the 50/f1.8 and the seals were shot. I took it to a
local repairer in Sydney (Whiltons) who CLA'd it for $AUD130 ($US70). It
had a manual adapter kindly provided by a list member. When I picked it
up I wandered around the city and shot off a roll of 200 ASA print film.
I found the results extremely pleasing and the camera delightful to use
both in auto and manual modes. BTW I was impressed with the repairer,
they did an excellent job.

But I also acquired an OM-20 (G) not so long ago and I suspect that one
of these may be a better bet for your seven year old as its obviously
less fussy and I think, better designed.. (My daughter is slighter older
at thirty five :-)

Regards,
John.