RE: [OM] How many Zuikos is this worth?

Subject: RE: [OM] How many Zuikos is this worth?
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:15:02 -0600
Walt,  Coeur d'Alene, Idaho is a town with many restored vintage cars and
hot rods as well as restored old boats. I'm supposed to be there right now
but my damn motor home broke down. When the farmers and ranchers in the
hills of Idaho finished with a car it was usually not worth selling and they
just parked them in the corner of a pasture and let them rust away. The
California rodders discovered this gold mine of antiquity in the late 50's
and would cruise the back roads here with big trucks and haul away as many
old cars as they could carry. Good ones are hard to find now.  I used to
enjoy photographing the old hulks, sometimes with my kids posed in them.
When I was in junior high there was a farmer that had an old Model T Ford on
blocks in his barn. It had only ten miles on it. He thought the Model T was
the greatest invention ever and bought three of them. In 1953 he was about
80 and was still driving the second one. I have no idea what happened the
(still new) third one. It would be worth a bloody fortune with no mileage.
Maybe our "low mileage" OM gear will be valuable to collectors some day.
Right now it needs to be used.  /jim