RE: [OM] "poor-quality" plastic cameras

Subject: RE: [OM] "poor-quality" plastic cameras
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:09:50 -0700
Again, I hearken back to when a similar thread had us bashing and beating
the living tar out of any old wonderbrick with just about any OM body to
determine the relative strengths and weaknesses of each.

Almost content.... I dropped an OM-40 about three feet onto an asphalt
parking lot, and the camera survived 100 0ntact, but I lost a skylight
filter and dented the filter ring on a 35/70 zoom.  I realize that asphalt
is far more forgiving than concrete, but still I was impressed.