[OM] ( OM ) Screens; || OMT power

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Screens; || OMT power
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 08:54:54 +1200
Hi Folks,

My $0.02 for what they are worth.

In 20 or so years of using OM cameras I've never had any need to do
anything to the focusing screens of my cameras except if I've decided to
install another one. There's never been any suggestion that they'd self-
destruct or fall out  (except once when I did a poor install and the need was
soon apparent and soon fixed).

OM4T batteries. I had my 4T's circuit board replaced by the agents just after
I bought it, and it came back with the power turned off. I took the hint. Now
it's just routine for me, like turning on a light when you enter a room at
night
and turning it off when you leave.

Power-off - press the little *reset* button and turn the reset button to *B*.
Power-on - turn the speed ring to 125 or anything outside the red zone.

No problems.

Brian