Re: [OM] Decent sites for OM equipment?

Subject: Re: [OM] Decent sites for OM equipment?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:42:00 -0700
 > > OM4Ti

 IMO, the only gain you'll get over your OM2n is spot-metering. Can be
 a fine thing, but just don't underestimate your OM2n. It's a beautiful
 > camera :)

I love the way my back up OM1n handles, better than my OM4T which is
outstanding. But I cannot imagine going back to wide field metering.
Before I slipped into Olympus I had bought the spot attachment for my
hand held meter so I could measure the light levels in different
parts of the frame.  But it is just the way I work.  You can always
walk up to the subject or bracket exposures for the times when wide
field metering is questionable.

 >> > Zuiko 35-70mm F3.6

Are there any of the other zooms in the aprox. 35-70mm range that people
 >would recommend over this one?

The 3.6 is a very nice lens. The pictures have a  "look" about them.
I don't know how to explain it, but it looks "artistic", at least
compared to the 35-80/2.8 which has images that look that they came
from a very sharp, contrasty single focal length lens.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?