RE: [OM] shades

Subject: RE: [OM] shades
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:09:38 -0700
 > Bill Pearce [mailto:bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
 Yup, and saves plastic, too! To be ideally effective, shade should be
 rectangular, to match the frame.

Actually, along Bill's line, I have read somewhere (another internet
list?) that rectangular is indeed the perfect shape for a lens
hood (on a prime?), but that they aren't made that way as they
then don't reverse real well onto the lens for easy storage.

This could be totally wrong...but I can't imagine something I
read from the internet being inaccurage <vbg>

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz

You then need to redesign the end of the lens barrel so that the
rectangular shade only goes onto it in the correct position matching
the rectangular film format. Then things can get real fiddly
attaching and detaching unless the design is brilliant.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?