Re: [OM] OM Grip Strap

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Grip Strap
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:45:14 -0500
At 17:57 6/30/02, Jim Brokaw wrote:
on 6/30/02 11:36 AM, Bryan Pilati at bryan223@xxxxxxx wrote:

> How much should an OM grip strap go for?  Are they really in the $20 range?
>
> Bryan Pilati
> OM-2n; IS-3
> Va-USA
> Disclaimer:  I'm always joking
> unless I should be serious.

I've seen them go for over $30 on e*ay... its very well made leather with
nylon straps, the very height of Olympus fashion for your BG2, T-45, or MD.
You need one for each... maybe we can ask Morgan to make them in colors...?
--

Jim Brokaw

So have I . . .
It's proof of how ignorant some eB*y bidders are (and how wacko eB*y can be) to prices of items that are available new from reputable retail dealers. When browsing the evil-Bay, keep in mind some bidders believe it to be the *only* on-line source.

Regarding the "grip strap" in particular . . . I'm surprised some have not made their own for the BG-2. It's not that difficult. Some small pieces of thin leather, or even a small shoulder pad the proper size scavanged from a briefcase shoulder strap, and a camera strap with the adjustment clips (cut down with the ends "cauterized" to keep them from fraying.

I made one for a camera bracket handle using a small woven nylon dog collar and leather shoulder pad scavanged from the shoulder strap on discarded leather brief case.

-- John