Re: [OM] OM Grip Strap

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Grip Strap
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:02:12 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> So have I . . .
> It's proof of how ignorant some eB*y bidders are (and how wacko eB*y can
> be) to prices of items that are available new from reputable retail
> dealers.  When browsing the evil-Bay, keep in mind some bidders believe it
> to be the *only* on-line source.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, two months ago I saw some people bidding on a
used Grip 1 for OM4, the price was up to $33 but still few days to go. I
email the highest bidders told them new one are available at below $20.
Finally the highest bidder retracted and later the second bidder won and he
email me said he know the source I told him, but the Grip 1 was in back
order for a few months and also the minimum shipping charge is very high
which made the ebay a better deal. I feel very sorry for the high bidder who
had retracted the bid so I email him and offer mine to him with a new
Olympus leather strap as gift too.

C.H.Ling