Re: [OM] July 4th and LA...

Subject: Re: [OM] July 4th and LA...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 17:48:00 -0700
At 11:31 AM 6/29/2002 -0700, you wrote:
..I assume you mean Los Angeles, not Louisiana? What is an "Anima Con"?

Yes, City of the Angels, sorry. I meant Anime Con - as in for people
who are interested in Japanese Animation and manga etc.

The Rose Bowl fireworks display is usually outstanding. Don't know
whether you can get tickets now or not.  Disneyland is also good.
For a free show drive down to Long Beach and walk down to the bluff
near Bixby Park. Nice fireworks from the Queen Mary reflected in
the water. Go early to get a spot on the bluff in front. It is very
popular.

Cool! We are satying right in the Hyatt in Long Beach. I will find
out where the Bixby Park is. Thanks!

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]

Go east on Ocean Blvd until there are no buildings between you and
the water.  It is a large grassy area on the seaward side and a park
on the land side of Ocean Blvd. About 2 miles or 3 kms.  A short
telephoto will help since there is a bit of water between you and the
Queen Mary. They may also be having a 4th show at the Queen Mary
itself. I am sure your concierge can tell you about it if you are
interested.  Better pictures I think from the bluff.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?