[OM] Bay Area Film processors

Subject: [OM] Bay Area Film processors
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:35:55 -0700
In a message dated 6/26/2002 Jeff Keller writes:

<< There is a shop in San Jose that does light jet scans (or whatever they
are called). They were recommended to me. Unfortunately I lost my saved
links when I changed ISPs. I believe the local (Palo Alto) Photo store
sent some of my slides to Photoworks for development. I'm glad you
mentioned them. I'll have to try dealing directly with them. >>

There are many "Bay Areas" BTW Jeff ;-) (I just happened to recognize this
one since I live in nearby Santa Cruz .)

The lab you're thinking of, I believe, is Calypso. Here's the URL:
http://www.calypsoinc.com/ I have heard bad things about them from someone
who's E-6 got dropped on a dirty floor there, but then you hear things like
that about almost all labs from time to time. They used to do my Cibachromes
years ago and were great for me.

Not quite as close, but reputed to be among the best, is West Coast Imaging.
Here's their URL: http://westcoastimaging.com/

I hope this helps.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography