Re: [OM] Disassembeling Zuiko 200/4

Subject: Re: [OM] Disassembeling Zuiko 200/4
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:42:14 -0500
First obvious question: why?  i.e., in order to accomplish _what_?  That has
alot to do with how you should proceed.  Fungus? Aperture slow?  Insect
inside?

Major steps -- the hood unscrews from the knurled ring at it's rear.  This
reveals a set screw -- soak it with a drop of acetone, then loosen.  Next, put
a drop of acetone on the seam between the front group and the barrel, near the
front edge -- after a minute, unscrew the front group, whole and intact.  This
will expose some of the mechanics of the aperture mechanism.

Three screws and the lens mount will come off.

If you need to go further than that, I'd like to know why!