Re: [OM] OM2s lag time/winder

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2s lag time/winder
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:33:19 -0300

> I was playing with a setup trying to get shots of a hummingbird this
> evening. I set up some lilacs and green branches for a background behind
the
> feeder, put the 2s on the tripod with 50/1.8 and screw on Oly close-up
lens,
> so the lens was about 12 or a little more from the bird. I ran an air
> release cord back through the living room window to trip the shutter when
> the bird had his beak into the feeder.
> Problem: Every time when the hummimgbird heard the click of the
> mirror/shutter, it would flit backwards, I suspect out of the picture. I
> doubt I was catching it, even though it was set to fire at 1/1000 or
> thereabouts. Anyone have any advice for overcoming this? Is the Om1 faster
> than the 2s? The problem with it is it doesn't compensate for changing
light
> while you're waiting for the bird to arrive.

Got the pictures back. As suspected, not one good one. Some were sans bird
totally! So, I'll have to try a longer lens with more distance from the
bird.
But , I'll also be trying the OM1n with mirror lock-up (same close distance)
this time, to minimze anything moving, and less lag time, to see how it
works. I might have to wait until later in the summer, as I think its just
about time for them to take there little break from the feeder, when they
sit on the eggs.
Wayne