Re: [OM] OM2s lag time/winder

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2s lag time/winder
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:19:51 -0500
Just an idea and guess; perhaps it is not so much shutter/mirror noise - as mirror reflection movement visible through the lens - that is upsetting the birds. An OM-1 using the mirror lock up might help here for individual shots. I suspect (although I could be dead wrong) that their hearing isn't too sharp - especially when their wings are buzzing in a hover. Their eyesight and perception to movement is probably extremely acute though. This won't help your winder idea of course.

Regards,
Lee