RE: [OM] Two months abroad

Subject: RE: [OM] Two months abroad
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:17:38 -0600
> But I
> could top this out with either a Hanimex 500/8 mirror lens or
> a Vivitar 400/5.6 beast - reckon it would be worth it?

 Either of those will be pretty large and/or heavy -- how much of a problem
that is depends on how you're planning on getting around, but I'd probably
skip it. (I'm increasingly leaning towards a travel kit of OM2SP + 24/2 +
65-200/4 + XA, and nothing else, just because those are the only ones I find
myself using).

> If anyone else happens to be in Beijing, or if my route home
> (Beijing-Moscow-Warsaw-Berlin-Paris-London)

 OT now, but are you taking the Trans-Siberian? If so, could I ask some
questions off-list? I'm looking at doing the same thing next year as part of
my honeymoon, but it's pretty difficult to find that much info out -- the
web sites I've seen all suggest you should do things in person, which makes
forward planning a bit tricky..

 -- dan