[OM] Check out this seller's wares

Subject: [OM] Check out this seller's wares
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:26:17 +0100
***Original Message***
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 07:05:34 -0400
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM )  Check out this seller's wares

He's a good guy -- I've bought a number of things from him.  He has an
arrangement with a friend in Houston, so you can pay in US$.  I trust him.

His prices seem high, though.  $830 for a 21/2 with hood and it hasn't met
the reserve!  Average ebay is $570 with the highest at $770, according to
the 7 auctions in Skip's list.  Guess it's a $300 hood.

Tom

> Hi folks,
> Check out what french seller zigzagboom
> is selling right now. Quite a haul of choice stuff.

> Brian

>>>I had the high bid at $830, and my maximum was actually $850.  A lot of
money I know, but this lens will just about complete my line up of Zuikos.
It appears my chances of buying one in England are virtually zero.  What
made it worth paying, apart from it's condition, was that was that there
would be no duty to pay, as it would be a transaction inside the European
Union. This would save 17 and a half percent tax, or roughly $135 based on
the 'bay high bid of $770.  However, desperate as I am to acquire this lens,
I decided I had gone far enough.  I have been buying faster lenses lately to
aid my failing eyesight (28,35,85, and I already had a 50/1.4)  I've been
very pleased with them, & they've inspired a rash of picture taking this
year.  And now, a happy ending, I've bought a  21/2 last week from another
source, which is now on it's way.  Rather cheaper, at $590, not quite as
good condition, but still with case & hood & slimline filter, so I hope I'll
be happy!  Of course it's a relief not to have to buy any more Zuikos now!

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon
England