Re: [OM] not exactly on topic... help with a strange lens...

Subject: Re: [OM] not exactly on topic... help with a strange lens...
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:34:05 -0700 (PDT)
--- Stephan VAN DEN ZEGEL
<svandenzegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just bought on *bay a very strange schneider
> kreuznach Xenon 50mm f 0,95 (yes)...
> comes in very nice state, but with a C-mount...  so
the
> question is... what is the mount to film distance of
> a penF ? is it the same as a normal 35mm film
> camera...? are there any option to use Cmount on
> penF... or other...
> The idea would be to adapt a mount to use that
> "thing" on a penF body...

Hello Stephan, according to my sources the flange to
film distance of the Pen F is 28.95mm. As to if it is
adaptable to the Pen F I cannot answer that, perhaps
you could hold a white index card up behind the lens,
point it at a distant object out a window and see
about how far behind the lens an image forms. This
might give you an idea if you can adapt this lens to
the Pen F.    regards, John Robison