[OM] not exactly on topic... help with a strange lens...

Subject: [OM] not exactly on topic... help with a strange lens...
From: "Stephan VAN DEN ZEGEL" <svandenzegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:20:50 +0200
I just bought on *bay a very strange schneider kreuznach Xenon 50mm f 0,95
(yes)...
comes in very nice state, but with a C-mount... It's a big piece of glass
(900gr and 60mm front glass) with a very smooth focus... and f-stop... but...
it is not a 16mm lens... more a 35mm movie lens

after dismounting the C-mount (very easy) and playing with it I discovered that
it covers a broader image... 18x24 or even may be 24x36... but the lens mount
to film distance seems very short (shorter than the om of course...)... so the
question is... what is the mount to film distance of a penF ? is it the same as
a normal 35mm film camera...? are there any option to use Cmount on penF... or
other...
The idea would be to adapt a mount to use that "thing" on a penF body...

No need to go on the schneider website... it's an unclassified model... may be
a special lens...
Anyway... it was cheap... very cheap... and it would at least make a nice paper
weight on my desk...