Re: [OM] Olympus Digital SLR

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Digital SLR
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:07:41 +0100
On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:38:51 -0500, jowilcox
<jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I don't like these kinds of generalizations, but I have heard that in
>negotiations when Japanese want to tell you flat out "No" they say "We'll
>see."

I was once on an international committee (nothing to do with
photography) that was chaired by the Japanese and yes, I think that is
true. They are naturally highly polite people and hate to cause
offence. In our case they always insisted that they would have to
"refer back to Tokyo" if they did not want to say no there and then.

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)