Re: [OM] Re: State of Digital Photography (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: State of Digital Photography (long)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:03:08 -0700

the problem I suspect was the brand. My two Olympus digitals have been
chugging along beautifully for 3 and two years respectively (450Z and 2500C).
I even dunked the 450Z in a bag of Pepsi in which it floated for a half
hour...dried it out, cleaned it up, and I've gottten another 18 months out of
it..
Susan
whose Olympus prejudice holds for not only OM's

A_bag_of Pepsi? No, I don't want to know.

I have a friend with an inexpensive Olympus digital and it has also
done fine for several years.  He just replaced it with a C**** S200
for its compactness and its bigger CCD. It really is tiny.  We will
see how long it lasts. I suppose if these things last till you want
to throw them away, its OK for the user and the manufacturer.  The
perfect product.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California