RE: [OM] Re: State of Digital Photography (long)

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: State of Digital Photography (long)
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:47:21 -0400
I have 5 friends that have experienced your set of troubles.  Very few
digital cameras are meant to last.  It is quite evident that most are no
better than the grocery store "throw aways".  I have an Olympus 2100UZ, but
I got it at half price by waiting a year.  No way I would pay full price for
a digcam.  Long gone are the days of craftsmanship.  My OM1n will far
outlast ANY digicam that comes out.  We also have a "Wunderbrick"; a Nikon
F60.  It is the last of a dying breed; well buit and SOLID (no plastic).
Nikon's new SLR offerings are all plastic (other mfgrs are as well).  Most
cameras are plastic junk now, which is too bad.  But they are only feeding a
marketplace that wants this crummy stuff.

-Bill