Re: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8 (Big Ass Glass)

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8 (Big Ass Glass)
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:25:51 -0400
Mike V. wrote:

>The Tamron converters do tend to be a PITA to handle in the field.
>You're fortunate if the Olympus 1.4XA fits, the protruding front
>element interferes with the rear element of my Tamron 80-200/2.8
>so I must use the Tamron 1.4X on it.

I tried both the 1.4X-A and the 2X-A on the lens over the weekend without
actually taking any pictures.  With the camera on a tripod, with a 1-7
screen and looking through the varimagni finder at 2.5X, everything looked
fine and dandy.  The rear element of the 300/2.8 is recessed plenty far for
the 1.4X-A to fit without a hitch.  I'm looking forward to seeing some
results on film next week.

Walt