Re: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8 (Big Ass Glass)

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8 (Big Ass Glass)
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:01:20 -0400
Walt,
I've found the Zuiko teleconverters to be superior to the Tamrons when paired with my Tamron 400mm f4. You'll also see how easier the Zuikos match to the lens itself. If you use the 1.4 for example, you have to take the adaptall mount off the lens,attach the teleconverter to the lens and then attach the adaptall mount to the teleconverter. With the Zuiko just leave the adaptall mount on the lens and attach the teleconverter. No swapping the mount and lining up the green dots to get the shot. My 400 f4 came with the Tamron 1.4 but it's only been on the lens a couple of times. For me the Zuiko 1.4XA and 2xa are optically better and easier to work with. YMMV.

BTW I was up in Maryville 2 weeks ago while on vacation. Went trout fishing on the Clinch a couple of days. Stayed with the sister-in-law who lives on North Shore Drive just east of the Pellissippi Pkwy. It sure was nice up in the hills.

Enjoy the BAG.

later,
mike m.