Re: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8 (Big Ass Glass)

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 300/2.8 (Big Ass Glass)
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:16:14 -0700
Congratulations on bagging the BAG Walt!

The Tamron converters do tend to be a PITA to handle in the field. You're
fortunate if the Olympus 1.4XA fits, the protruding front element interferes
with the rear element of my Tamron 80-200/2.8 so I must use the Tamron 1.4X
on it. If you do decide to use the Tamron converters may I suggest you treat
the Adaptall as the camera lens mount (in other words leave the Adaptall on
the camera) when changing converters in and out--that minimizes the hassle
(but still not as easy as the OM mount because you still have to line up
that external aperture communication lever).

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of this lens when you get a
chance to go enjoy it.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com