[OM] Flash/Batteries questions

Subject: [OM] Flash/Batteries questions
From: "Ralf Loi" <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:47:56 +0200
I have 2 "good" flashes, an Oly T32 and a Sunpack Auto30DX with dedicated
module. The Sunpack is new to me (I received it only a couple of weeks
ago), and reading the manual I noticed that I can use also Ni-Cd batteries
instead of alkalines ones. A quick view to eSif revealed that also the T32
can be used with Ni-Cd batteries. So a couple of questions arise:
1) What is the result of using 4.8 V (4 x 1.2 V) instead of 6 V (4 x 1.5
V)? Worse recycle time? Less shots?
2) Can I use also Ni-MH batteries? I know nothing about these apart the
fact I've seen rechargers and batteries with this technology with a good
price, and I could use them also for the motor of my telescope.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ralf Loi