Re: [OM] Brassing

Subject: Re: [OM] Brassing
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:25:22 -0400
Yes, this coincides with my experience. I had a black OM-1MD with a low s/n that had shinny nickel under the paint. (This is now, unfortunately, a parts body that keeps my other 1's going... *grin*) My OM-2n black, however, brasses yellow.

I wonder if one variety is any more desireable than another??

Early black bodies were nickel plated before being painted black.  When
the black paint wears off the nickel comes through.  In later black bodies
Olympus dropped the nickel plating and painted directly on the brass.
                                -mark