[OM] Brassing

Subject: [OM] Brassing
From: Harry Wiechel <h.wiechel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:18:41 +0200
Hello fellow Zuikooos,

I am almost sure that this topic has been discussed before on this list but
I havent actually seen any comments about it the last six months or so. The
general wear on the bodies of OM 1 - OM 4 (particularly on the black ones)
is referred to as brassing, but though my old black OM1 has considerable
_brasssing_, it is not brass that shines through (bleedes). ....  some sort
of steel or tin or whatever but brass surely that would have a yellowish
colour to it, right?
any hints from anyone to satisfy my curiosity?

Harry