Re: [OM] Price for black OM-1n?

Subject: Re: [OM] Price for black OM-1n?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:51:04 -0700
Not particularly rare on US *Bay. Last year I bought 2 black OM-1ns. I got one for $100 that looks pretty good and with everything working except the 2 slowest speeds are obviously too slow. The other is virtually unmarked except for a few subtle marks in, but not through, the paint on the bottom. It is fully functional and cost me $200. It does take some care and patience to get a good price on a good camera.

An apparently mint one was bid up to over $700 a few days ago and didn't meet the reserve, but that's collector craziness.

Another thing to try if you have time and patience is to buy one that has recently had a CLA. The auction prices for these never seem to reflect all of the cost of a CLA in addition to the basic condition of the camera. That could take a while, I've picked up OM-1s that way, but not an OM-1n.

Moose

Jochen Schiffler wrote:

I know those are kinda rare so what would be a reasonable price to pay for a
black OM-1n (EX to BGN)?
Just in case one comes across ;-)