Re: [OM] Someone's making OM Caps!

Subject: Re: [OM] Someone's making OM Caps!
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 07:52:49 +1200
Hi folks,

I find this example of the use of Plasticote paint quite interesting. It is
fairly
widely sold in New Zealand and I have used it a lot in restoring a Ford van
(parts of motor and engine-bay, body floor etc).. Here, it is quite affordable
in
comparison to some other makes

FWIW, I have found it not nearly as hard as Joe suggests (for automotive and
other metal work there are MUCH harder paints around), and I have found it
to be not particularly waterproof, to the extent that I nearly wrote to
Plasticote telling them about this. When exposed to water, rust developed
underneath on previously cleaned surfaces.

However, if well cured and in a situation such as a MD cover which is not
subject to a lot of wear and abrasion or water, it could be quite satisfactory.

I never had any problem using their spray cans. I took my finger to the gym
<g>.

Brian